I'm not sure how many diabetics live in the village, but many of my friends have type 2 diabetes. This is fairly common in the older population. I have type 2 diabetes and thought I would share some of the things I've learned. You are the center of a successful plan to improve your blood sugar. You have to do this yourself. There is no easy fix:
- Monitor your blood sugar.
- See your Health Care Provider regularly.
- Plan your meals.
- Take your medicine as prescribed.
- Exercise as much as you can.
Following a diet plan also helps with weight loss. The simplest diabetic diet is counting carbs. One carb serving is 15 grams of carbohydrates. Most men can set a goal of 4 to 5 carb servings a meal. Most women can use 3 to 4 carb servings a meal. Check the serving size of a food. Count total carbohydrates. Look for fiber rich foods. Limit fat cholesterol and sodium. -- Glenna @ Cimarron Village